Friday, September 19, 2014

Sydney Landon - The Process of Being a Self-Publisher

Top Shelf Author Advice is a collection of comments made by a group of outstanding authors during Author Interviews and Studies presented by HBSystems Publications. Today's advice comes from:


Sydney Landon


Author Genre: Romance - Contemporary

Website: Sydney Landon
Twitter: @SydneyLandon1
Goodreads: Check Out Goodreads
Pinterest: Check Out Pinterest
Facebook: Check Out Facebook
E-Mail: sydney@sydneylandon.com
Spotlight Author Interview - Sydney Landon



Question
Being a self-publisher, do you outsource much of the process?


Answer
On my first book, I pretty much did it all. I designed my cover, did my own formatting and handled everything myself. By the second book, I learned that no matter how good you think you are at editing, you need to hire someone to do that for you. If you are on a small budget, spend it on an editor. Readers will pick up on things that you won't notice. I also had someone design my covers after the first one.



Source Post
Sydney Landon - HBS Author's Spotlight



Author Recommended by: James Moushon, a Mystery Writer and writing industry blogger and HBSystems Publications, a Publisher of ebooks and the sponsor of the following blogs:
HBS Author's Spotlight
Top Shelf Author Advice
eBook Author’s Corner
HBS Mystery Reader’s Circle

Disclaimer
This blog is for information only. It is not an endorsement of the comments or advice discussed in the post. This blog features author’s information gained from the author or the Internet and is by invitation only.

Permission from the author is required via email to publish this information. It is not a group, subscription or forum.
HBSystems Publications Copyright 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment