Thursday, September 18, 2014

Paul Western-Pittard - Importance of social media relationships

Top Shelf Author Advice is a collection of comments made by a group of outstanding authors during Author Interviews and Studies presented by HBSystems Publications. Today's advice comes from:


Paul Western-Pittard


Author Genre: Thriller, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Author's Blog: That Thing I Said
Website: Paul Western-Pittard
Twitter: @Cerullean
Goodreads: Check Out Goodreads
Pinterest: Check Out Pinterest
Facebook: Check Out Facebook
E-Mail: paul@cerullean.net
Spotlight Author Interview - Paul Western-Pittard



Question
You have a great twitter following. (In excess of 42.5K followers) How important are your social media relationships that you’ve formed? Do you see a carry over to your writing success?


Answer
That’s such an interesting question. I wasn’t very active on social media sites until the beginning of this year, and in truth I was quite skeptical of the whole thing. Like many authors though, I realized the need to build this ubiquitous so-called ‘platform’ and understood that social media would be key to that.

I chose twitter because it felt like it was the most accessible forum for making connections and sharing information. I’m relatively inactive on Facebook, Goodreads etc. but plan to change that next year. I like using Twitter because it’s a great way to sample across other reader’s and writer’s views, and good broadcast point if I have any news to share. It’s become central to how I communicate now.

In terms of carry over, it hasn’t much affected sales but it’s definitely increased awareness and helped enormously in connecting to other writers and publishing people. Most of the authors I interview on my blog come from Twitter connections - or referrals from them - and through that I’m able to get a much broader understanding on the state of indie publishing than I ever could if I tried to research it.



Source Post
Paul Western-Pittard - HBS Author's Spotlight Interview



Author Recommended by: James Moushon, a Mystery Writer and writing industry blogger and HBSystems Publications, a Publisher of ebooks and the sponsor of the following blogs:
HBS Author's Spotlight
Top Shelf Author Advice
eBook Author’s Corner
HBS Mystery Reader’s Circle

Disclaimer
This blog is for information only. It is not an endorsement of the comments or advice discussed in the post. This blog features author’s information gained from the author or the Internet and is by invitation only.
Permission from the author is required via email to publish this information. It is not a group, subscription or forum.
HBSystems Publications Copyright 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment