Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Troy Blackford - Using Social Media to Connect with Readers

Top Shelf Author Advice is a collection of comments made by a group of outstanding authors during Author Interviews and Studies presented by HBSystems Publications. Today's advice comes from:


Troy Blackford


Author Genre: Horror, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Short Stories

Website: Troy Blackford - Journey to Death at Lifespeed
Twitter: @TBlackford3
Goodreads: Check Out Goodreads
Pinterest: Check Out Pinterest
Facebook: Check Out Facebook
Spotlight Author Interview - Troy Blackford



Question
Is Social Media your main marketing focus (143k twitter followers)?


Answer
I began focusing on my twitter audience because I constantly think of short, usually stupid things to say. Twitter seemed like a great venue for that kind of thought. I do of course mention quite frequently that I have books and stories, and give links to my site - but I also just chat with lots of people and whine about stuff as it happens. I try not to think of it as a marketing tool, but as a way to connect to people. I've met a great deal of my current close friends on there. I don't have much time for 'real life' relationships outside of my family and work, so I appreciate having a 'virtual sea' of like-minded people to commiserate with.



Source Post
Troy Blackford - HBS Author's Spotlight

Troy Blackford @TBlackford3 is a Paranormal Action-Adventure, Short Stories Author and Editorial Consultant.



Author Recommended by: James Moushon, a Mystery Writer and writing industry blogger and HBSystems Publications, a Publisher of ebooks and the sponsor of the following blogs:
HBS Author's Spotlight
eBook Author’s Corner
HBS Mystery Reader’s Circle

Disclaimer
This blog is for information only. It is not an endorsement of the comments or advice discussed in the post. This blog features author’s information gained from the author or the Internet and is by invitation only.
Permission from the author is required via email to publish this information. It is not a group, subscription or forum.
HBSystems Publications Copyright 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment