Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cheryl Bradshaw - Book Marketing using a Reader's List

Top Shelf Author Advice is a collection of comments made by a group of outstanding authors during Author Interviews and Studies presented by HBSystems Publications. Today's advice comes from:


Cheryl Bradshaw


Author Genre: Mystery/Thriller fiction novels

Author's Blog: A Place to Embrace our Love of Books
Website: Cheryl Bradshaw
Twitter: @cherylbradshaw
Goodreads: Check Out Goodreads
Pinterest: Check Out Pinterest
Facebook: Check Out Facebook
E-Mail: cherylbradshawbooks@hotmail.com
Spotlight Author Interview - Cheryl Bradshaw



Question
How do you use social media programs and other tools to build a reader list?


Answer
I'm mainly on Twitter and Facebook. I use Twitter for most of my interaction with fans, and usually only promote on there once a month when I run a BookBub ad. If you're constantly promoting, you'll lose your existing fans, and you'll be unfollowed. Twitter is a great place to connect with fans, meet new people, and meet fellow authors. I resisted signing up at first, but now I have almost 50,000 followers, and I tweet almost every day. On Facebook I promote through targeted ads which point back to my Facebook author page and sometimes also link to a new book or one of my novels. It's inexpensive and effective, and I've found it's a good way to reach my demographic. Through targeting you can isolate your ad so it only shows to potential readers in your genre, thereby giving you the best bang for your buck. I use Constant Contact for my emails/newsletter list.

Source Post
How Do You Develop and Use a List of Your Readers? - HBS Author’s Corner STUDY

Amazon Best-Selling Author Cheryl Bradshaw @cherylbradshaw is the creator of the Sloane Monroe series and the founder of the hugely successful Indie Writers Unite group on Facebook.



Author Recommended by: James Moushon, a Mystery Writer and writing industry blogger and HBSystems Publications, a Publisher of ebooks and the sponsor of the following blogs:
HBS Author's Spotlight
eBook Author’s Corner
HBS Mystery Reader’s Circle

Disclaimer
This blog is for information only. It is not an endorsement of the comments or advice discussed in the post. This blog features author’s information gained from the author or the Internet and is by invitation only.
Permission from the author is required via email to publish this information. It is not a group, subscription or forum.
HBSystems Publications Copyright 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment